Are you in a creative slump or have you ever been in one? No worries….here are 10 great ways to Jump Start your CREATIVE Juices and get Creating again….
- Organize your old craft supplies: Sometime just getting out the supplies you already have on hand and organizing them can bring out some great creativity, as you remember why you bought them, or that you even have them and then you want to use them again:)
- Starting a collaborative project with friends: This is a great way to become inspired, you see what the others have done or are going to be doing on the project and you are able to turn on your creative juices into high gear so as not to disappoint anyone in the group.
- Try a new ART medium: Playing in a medium you have never tried can get your creativity stirring in a new direction and then you will be able to bring some of what you learned back into the mediums you love.
- Taking a night off: Believe it or not sometimes that is just what we need:)
- Shopping: Yes I said SHOPPING…..but it is more Window Shopping then buying….go to your favorite store(s) and check out the bedding, dishware, picture frames….check out the colors, textures and shapes…..whats trending and incorporate some of your favorite things into your next project.
- Take a Workshop: Now a days it is not a problem if there is not a local store close to you that conducts workshops as there as so many online workshops available to take for a reasonable price….the best part is you can work right along with the instructor at your pace, being able to start and stop the video when it is convenient for you:)
- Have a CRAFTING Party: Invite over some friends for a night of rubber stamping, book making, card making, etc….it is always fun to get together and bounce creative ideas off each other.
- Take a walk: Getting out and enjoying the beauty around you can get those creative juices flowing in no time:)
- Manufacturer’s Websites: Do you have a favorite craft manufacturer? Check out their website, most of them have tutorials and videos showing how to use their products that can give you a huge jump start to your creative juices and get you thinking about what to do with their great products.
- Paper and Pencil: Always have one near you; in your purse, on your night stand, on the fridge…..you never know when an idea might pop into your head so always have that pencil and paper nearby…..to jot down ideas as one of these ideas may just be the jump start you need for your next Creative Project.
Feel free to leave comments below about the way you jump start your creativity!