Hello crafty friends, Martha Lucia here to share with you a clear and simple card for Christmas that I made using the masking technique. This is a single layer card that you can produce in series and it is very easy and quick to make. Take a look at my card:
I made this card using the Christmas Labels stamp set from Skipping Stones Designs and two different kinds of ink, Distress Ink and VersaFine. Let me tell you how I made this:
- Cut the base of the card using Whisper White card stock. The size is 4-1/4″x11″ with score in 5-1/2″
- Take a piece of masking tape and paste along over the card base in diagonal line.
- Apply distress ink on one of the sides created with the masking tape. I chose the left side and the Broken Chine color of Distress Ink.
- Don’t remove the masking tape.
- Stamp some snowflake images, included on the Christmas Labels stamp set, over the inked surface using Versafine Deep Lagoon.
- Remove the masking tape and stamp the big sentiment from the Christmas Labels between the blue and white part using Versafine Deep Lagoon.
And voila, your Christmas masking card is finished!
Since you used Distress ink you can spray the inked area with water to obtain a watercolor look. In my model I decided to keep it with natural distress and not blur the right side.
I hope my card inspires you and you create more Christmas masking cards. They are fun and easy to make.
See you soon!